Guitar Center Presents:
The Master Class with Zakk Wylde Contest 2016
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. ALL DETERMINATIONS MADE BY CONTEST SPONSOR ARE FINAL. ENTRY INTO THE CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- OVERVIEW: The Guitar Center Presents The Master Class with Zakk Wylde Contest (the “Contest”) consists of two parts: (i) a phase that measures and ranks the social media fan growth of each Entrant (as defined below) (the “Round One”); and (ii) a skill contest whereby the Judging Panel (as defined below) will judge and choose five (5) Grand Prize winning Entrants from the Round One (the “Grand Prize Contest“). By participating in the Contest, each Entrant agrees to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Void where prohibited.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to individual musicians who: (i) are legal residents of the contiguous 48 states of the U.S. and the District of Columbia; (ii) at the time of entry, are at least 16 years of age or older; (iii) are “Qualified Amateurs”; and (iv) did not purchase any equipment for the purposes of entering this Contest ((i)-(iv), collectively, the “Eligibility Criteria”). A "Qualified Amateur" is defined as one who does not (1) earn more than $20,000 adjusted gross income per year as a professional musician, based on the prior tax year (supporting documentation may be requested to verify). For purposes of clarity, the term “professional musician” does not include teaching music or giving music lessons, and incomes derived therefrom will not be counted in determination of a Contestant’s Qualified Amateur status. For purposes of this Contest, “Designated Agent” means the person who actually submits the Submission (as defined below) on behalf of himself/herself individually or on behalf of an individual which he/she manages. With respect to participation of a minor (as defined in his or her state of residence), such individual shall clear his or her participation in the Contest and his or her understanding of these Official Rules with her or her parent or legal guardian(s) who shall also be the Designated Agent for such individual hereunder. “Entrant” shall mean the individual whose name is entered as the “Entrant” during the registration process and who is featured in the Submission (as defined below). Void in Puerto Rico, Alaska, Hawaii and wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Guitar Center Stores, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Amplifier Media, Inc. (“ Administrator”), prize providers and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, promotional partners, distributors, web design, advertising, fulfillment and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, providing of prizes and execution of this Contest (collectively, “Contest Parties”), and the immediate family members and those living in the same households of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- TIMING: The Contest begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 1, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on June 9, 2016 (the " Contest Period"). All Submissions must be entered into the Contest between 12:00:01 a.m. April 1, 2016 and 11:59:59 p.m. ET and June 2, 2016 (the “Submission Period”). All Submissions must be received by Sponsor as required herein prior to the expiration of the Submission Period. Administrator’s server shall be official clock of the Contest.
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE: Any Designated Agent may register any Entrant for the Contest by visiting guitarcenter.com/masterclass (the “Website”) and navigate to the Contest registration page. Entrants must be registered members of YouTube in order to enter the Contest. To enter, complete the following steps:
- Once the registration form has been completed and submitted, the Designated Agent must upload the Submission video(s) onto YouTube, then copy and paste the YouTube URL of the video(s) into the Contest platform Channel Manager to display the video in Entrant’s timeline. Sponsor is not responsible if video URLs are copied incorrectly. Entrants may submit only one (1) video for consideration in their Submission.
- Entrant’s Submission video must remain on Entrant’s YouTube account and in the Contest platform spot, and Entrant must remain a YouTube account holder, through the end of the Contest Period and for a period of at least sixty (60) days thereafter.
- All Submissions must meet all Submission Requirements set forth below in order to be eligible.
- CREATING A SUBMISSION: Starting April 1, 2016, visit the Website at guitarcenter.com/masterclass and download the one (1) available backing track (“ Backing Track(s)”). Video record Entrant’s original guitar performance(s) (and nothing else) to Entrant’s choice(s) of Backing Track(s) (each, a “Submission Track”) and upload the Submission Track(s) to Entrant’s YouTube account, then submit the Submission Track(s) for entry into the Contest as described above (a “Submission”, which consists of one (1) Submission Track). In order to be eligible, Submissions must meet the Submission Requirements below.
*No Sponsorship, endorsement or authorization of the Sponsor or the Contest Parties by Facebook, MySpace, YouTube, Twitter, Vimeo, SoundCloud or Last.FM (collectively, the “Social Media Platforms”) is intended or implied by such use in this Contest; nor are the Social Media Platforms associated with the Contest in any way. Any questions, comments or complaints about the Contest should be directed to Sponsor. Except for content specifically uploaded to Entrant’s Social Media Platform accounts, all other information and content is being provided to Sponsor and Administrator. It is the sole responsibility of the Designated Agent and Entrant to review and comply with all policies of the Social Media Platforms to which they have an account (including, but not limited to any terms of service, community guidelines and privacy policies).
ONLY ONE SUBMISSION WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM EACH ENTRANT. In the event that more than one Submission is made by or for an Entrant, the first Submission and entry information received shall be deemed the Entrant and Entrant's Submission, and all additional Submissions by that Entrant will be disqualified. For purposes of clarity, each Entrant’s Submission should contain a video performance of the Backing Tracks (each a “Submission Track”), and no more than one (1) version of the Backing Track per Submission. The maximum number of Submission Tracks in each Entrant’s Submission is one (1) Submission Track for the Backing Track. By uploading a Submission in the Contest, Entrants and Designated Agents hereby warrant and represent that the entire Submission meets the following entry requirements (collectively, the “ Submission Requirements”):
- Submission may only feature Entrant playing a 4-, 6-, 7-, or 12 – string acoustic or electric guitar, cigar box guitar, lap steel or pedal steel guitar to chosen Backing Tracks;
- Submission may not include a bass guitar;
- Entrant’s performance to the Backing Track(s) must be original;
- Submission is not sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, and does not contain nudity;
- Submission does not promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- Submission is not obscene or offensive and does not endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- Submission does not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies, including Contest Parties;
- Submission does not contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without written permission, and does not contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- Submission does not contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media or musical material or "samples" other than the Song provided) without written permission;
- Submission does not contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, other than the Entrant, without written permission;
- Submission does not communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which the Contest Parties wish to associate or otherwise be objectionable or inappropriate as determined by Sponsor; and
- Submission is not and does not depict a violation of any law or regulation.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: Winner selection will occur in two stages, as follows:
ROUND ONE: During the Contest Period, the Contest platform will track each Submission’s overall online activity using a proprietary ranking algorithm (“online activity”). Online activity tracking will be measured weekly through the Contest Period. Each week during the Contest Period, the Contest platform will identify the ten (10) Entrants with the highest online activity during that week (the “Top Ten Weekly” and the “Weekly Ranking” respectively). Each Entrant who’s Submission (i) is in the Top Ten Weekly (in the highest Weekly Ranking) as determined by Administrator and (ii) also meets the Submission Requirements is guaranteed to its one (1) Submission Track be reviewed by the judges in the Finalist Round. In the event that an Entrant has a top ten (10) ranking in the Weekly Ranking on more than one occasion, the Judging Panel shall also review the next highest ranked Entrant so that there are a total of 100 Entrants that are guaranteed to have at least one (1) Submission Track be reviewed by the Judging Panel in the Grand Prize Finalist Round. Any attempt by a Designated Agent or an Entrant and/or his or her family/friends to use fraudulent mechanisms to unfairly affect the outcome, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, shall give Sponsor the right to disqualify the Entrant. Entrants will not be notified if they are being judged in the Grand Prize Finalist Round.
GRAND PRIZE FINALIST CONTEST: At the end of the Contest Period a qualified panel of judges, which may include Zakk Wylde and/or other industry professionals and/or Sponsor executives, each possessing knowledge and/or experience concerning commercial guitar performance in the music industry (the “ Judging Panel”), as determined by Sponsor, will review and judge the Submissions of the one-hundred (100) top Entrants based on the ranking and process described in the Round One above. In the event that the Judging Panel, in its sole discretion, believes that it needs to draw from a larger number of Entrants, the Judging Panel reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to review additional Entrants.Except as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules, only the top one-hundred (100) Entrants chosen as described in the Round One above are guaranteed to be judged by the Judging Panel. The winning Entrants for will be selected using the Judging Criteria set forth below.
- JUDGING CRITERIA: Winners will be selected by the Judging Panel based on the following criteria: (i) overall performance; (ii) authenticity; (iii) technique; (iv) originality, and (iv) style (collectively, the "Judging Criteria"). The Judging Panel will decide the winners at their sole discretion. THE DECISIONS OF THE JUDGING PANEL ARE FINAL AND BINDING AS TO ALL ENTRANTS AND DESIGNATED AGENTS.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified on or about July 1, 2016 by telephone and/or email using the contact information provided during registration by the Designated Agent, that they have been selected as potential winners. Potential winners will then be provided with an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability/Publicity agreement and any additional documentation required by Sponsor (the “Releases”). All Releases and other required forms must be returned by Entrant to Sponsor within two (2) calendar days of the date of notification or other date provided by Sponsor in order to become a winner. Potential winners who (a) fail to execute required documentation in the designated time period; (b) have their prize notification returned; (c) do not respond to Sponsor’s notification within the time period provided by Sponsor; (d) (if a potential Grand Prize winner) are unavailable to travel on the Trip on the dates specified by Sponsor; or (e) otherwise are found to have violated the Official Rules or to have otherwise become ineligible will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize and Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, choose the Entrant with the next highest Judging Panel score as the winner for that prize. In the event that a potential winner is a minor in the jurisdiction in which he or she resides, his or her parent or legal guardian must also sign the Releases and be available to travel with the minor for all travel for prize activities in order for the potential winner to be named a Winner.
Five (5) Grand Prizes : Five (5) Grand Prize winning Entrants will each receive one (1) trip to Hollywood, CA to participate in the Guitar Center Master Class with Zakk Wylde Event (the “Trip” and the “Event” respectively). The Trip will be scheduled sometime in or around the month of November 2016 (the exact date and time are subject to Sponsor’s scheduling in its sole discretion*). Trip will include round trip coach airfare (from a major airport hub within the continental United States), hotel (3 days, 2 nights), and ground transportation to and from the airport and the Event. If winning Entrant lives within a 300-mile radius of the Trip location, alternative transportation may be required in lieu of air transportation, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and no additional compensation will be provided in place of the air transportation portion of the prize. In the event that winner is a minor in his or her state of residence, round-trip airfare will be provided to a parent or legal guardian in order to travel with the minor winner. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Trip is $1,000. Actual value of Trip will vary depending on point of departure. All aspects and specifics of Trip are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Each Grand Prize Winner will also receive all of the following:
Wylde Audio Prize (ARV: $1,000)
- One (1) Zakk Wylde Odin Electric Guitar.
Dunlop/MXR Prize (ARV: $628)
- One (1) MXR M234 Analog Chorus Pedal
- One (1) MXR M169 Carbon Copy Pedal
- One (1) MXR M101 Phase 90 Pedal
- One (1) MXR Digital Reverb Pedal
- One (1) Dunlop Tortex Pick Assortment
- One (1) Dunlop GCB95 Original Cry Baby Wah Pedal
EMG Prize (ARV: $379)
- One (1) EMG Zakk Wylde Anniversary Signature Pickup Set
- One (1) EMG Merchandise Package
Monster Cable Prize (ARV: $280)
- One (1) Monster DNA-On Ear Headphones (Black)
- One (1) Monster Prolink Performer 600 Instrument Cable – Right Angle to Straight 12’
- One (1) Monster Prolink Performer 600 Instrument Cable – Straight to Straight 12’
Total ARV of each Grand Prize: $ 3,287
Total ARV of all Prizes: $16,435
* Due to availability and scheduling there will be only ONE Event held on a specific date. No make-up event will be held or offered. If a winner (and the parent or legal guardian of minor winners, if any) is unable to attend the Event; such winner(s) will forfeit his/her entire prize and Sponsor will attempt to replace the winner with an alternate selected in the manner set forth in Section 6 above. The Event itself has no cash value.
- ADDITIONAL PRIZE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Unless specifically stated in the prize description above, winners are responsible for all other costs and expenses associated with their prize, including but not limited to transportation/transfers to and from residences, airports, and hotels; any taxes, duties, fees, or other charges imposed by airlines, hotels, governmental bodies, or any other person or entity; food; gratuities; personal conveniences and expenses; and insurance. All travel dates and travel and hotel arrangements are subject to change and availability, holiday and blackout dates. Additional travel conditions, limitations, and restrictions may apply. Sponsor is not responsible for Trip, Event or flight cancellations or delays. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, certificates, or prize items.
Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on their respective prizes. Grand Prize winning Entrants may receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year, and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS. No cash equivalent or substitution of any prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute such prize with another prize of equal or greater value, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The prizes are a single indivisible package; and any refusal by a potential winner to accept any terms or any portion of a prize package or any attempt to transfer, sell, fail to cooperate with, renounce, repudiate and/or refuse any part of a prize package may immediately disqualify the winner from the Contest and/or cause such winner to forfeit all or any portion of the prize package in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
- ENTRANT REPRESENTATIONS, GRANT OF RIGHTS: BY SUBMITTING A SUBMISSION, ENTRANTS AND DESIGNATED AGENTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE SUBMISSION MAY BE POSTED, IN SPONSOR’S DISCRETION, ON CONTEST PARTIES’ AND/OR SPONSOR’S WEBSITE IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST, SUBJECT TO YOUTUBE’S LICENSING AGREEMENT AND AVAILABILITY OF THE SUBMISSION ON THE YOUTUBE WEBSITE. Entrants and Designated Agent warrant and represent that their entry into the Contest and/or winning of any prize does not and will not violate the terms of any agreement to which they are a party or conflict with any other obligation of Entrants or Designated Agent. Further, Entrants and Designated Agents warrant and represent that the Submission: (i) is Entrant’s original guitar performance (excluding the Backing Track provided by Sponsor); (ii) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (iii) Designated Agents have obtained written permission from each person whose name, likeness, voice or other intellectual property is used in the Submission to enter the persons (and his/her Submission) in Contest; and (iv) the publication of the Submission via various media (including web posting) will not infringe the rights of any third party. EACH ENTRANT AND SUCH ENTRANT’S DESIGNATED AGENT (IF APPLICABLE) WILL, JOINTLY AND SEVERALLY, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS (I.E., EACH OF ENTRANT AND SUCH ENTRANT’S AGENT WILL BE FULLY LIABLE, INDIVIDUALLY, TO PAY ANY AND ALL DAMAGES), SPONSOR AND THE OTHER CONTEST PARTIES FROM ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMS TO THE CONTRARY AND ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO ENTRANT’S SUBMISSION OR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST.
By submitting a Submission and thereby entering the Contest, Entrants and Designated Agents grant to Contest Parties a worldwide, perpetual, unlimited, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully-paid right and license (with full right to sub-license) to use, publish and publicly perform their individual name (first and/or last), musical stage/group name (if any), hometown, place of residence, entry information uploaded to the Website and/or Contest platform, photo, image, voice, and likeness, in connection with the Contest and/or Submission in any manner and in any media and content whether now existing or later invented without any restrictions, including without limitation, in future trade, publicity and/or advertising for such Contest Parties products and/or services, unless prohibited by law. Entrants and Designated Agents further agree: (i) that Contest Parties may exercise any and all rights hereunder without attribution, notification or compensation to Entrants or Designated Agents; (ii) that Contest Parties shall have the right to freely assign their rights hereunder, in whole or in part, to any other person or entity, without notification or approval by Entrant or Designated Agent; (iii) that Contest Parties shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use the Submission in any manner (other than as expressly stated herein) and Entrants and Designated Agent shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason of Contest Parties use or non-use of Entrants' Submission; (iv) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges; (v) that Entrants and Designated Agent may be contacted by Contest Parties by telephone, mail or email regarding this Contest; and (vi) to sign and deliver to Contest Parties such documents as Contest Parties may reasonably require to effectuate the rights granted herein.
- GENERAL TERMS: Sponsor or its designated representative has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor/screen entries and Entrant’s Contest account. By entering, Entrant and Designated Agent acknowledge that Sponsor and Administrator have no obligation to use or post any Submission or permit any Entrant to participate who enters a Submission that violates or is not eligible under these Official Rules. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including inadequate number of participants, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest or any portion thereof. any attempt by an entrant or other individual to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this CONTEST, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, may be a violation of criminal and civil laws – and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual, to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Proof of entering or making a Submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor of entry. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all Submissions affected by such methods and be deemed tampering. Persons engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. By participating, Entrants and Designated Agents agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Judging Panel and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules. In addition, Entrants and Designated Agents agree to receive news and offers from Sponsor and Sponsor’s affiliates and promotional partners. Sponsor reserves the right to make changes or additions to these Official Rules and/or change the dates of the Contest at any time. This Contest is offered only in the contiguous 48 states of the U.S. and the District of Columbia, and is governed by the laws of the State of California. By entering, Entrants and Designated Agents consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Los Angeles, California for the resolution of any disputes.
THE ENFORCEMENT AND INTERPRETATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL BE EXCLUSIVELY DETERMINED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION. ALL ENTRANTS AND DESIGNATED AGENTS AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL SUCH SPONSOR DETERMINATIONS AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SUCH DETERMINATIONS ARE FINAL AND NON-APPEALABLE.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: Sponsor and other Contest Parties are not responsible for: (i) technical problems or technical malfunction which may affect the operation of the Contest, including but not limited to any of the following occurrences (a) hardware or software errors; (b) faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; (c) errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; (d) garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; (e) failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent to or received; (f) any inability to upload or download any information in connection with participation in the Contest; (g) inaccessibility of Contest Platform and/or the Website, in whole or in part for any reason, or traffic congestions on the Internet; (h) lost, late, delayed, corrupted or intercepted e-mail or Submission transmissions; (i) unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; (j) destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an account used in connection with the Contest, including but not limited to, undeliverable contact attempts that result from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user’s Internet service provider and/or email client or for insufficient space in user’s account to receive e-mail; (k) any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Website or Contest Platform; (ii) flood, earthquake or other acts of God; (iii) work stoppages or other labor interruptions; or (iv) any personal injury, or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Website, Contest Platform or the download of any information from the Website or Contest Platform.
Entrant acknowledges that Sponsor and other Contest Parties, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, and prize providers (collectively "Released Parties" and individually “Released Party”) maintain no control over the personnel, equipment, or operation of any air, water or surface carrier, ship line, bus or limousine company, transportation company, hotel, restaurant, or other person or entity furnishing services, products, or accommodations supplied by others as a part of the Contest. Entrant and Designated Agent agree that Released Parties shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or other irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (i) by any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other suppliers or any of their agents, servants, employees, or independent contractors (collectively, “Suppliers”); (ii) by any defect in or failure of any vehicle, equipment, accessories, instrumentality, service, product, or accommodation that is owned, operated, furnished, or used by any of those Suppliers; (iii) by the wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not employed by that Released Party; or (iv) by any cause, condition, or event whatsoever beyond the control of that Released Party. Entrant and Designated Agent hereby waive, release and discharge each Released Party from and against any claims, damages or liability, even if caused by the negligence or willful misconduct of the Released Party, for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity arising out of or relating to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Contest or in any Contest-related activity or from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize.
By entering the Contest, Entrants and Designated Agents acknowledge that they are familiar with the provisions of California Civil Code Section 1542, which provides as follows:
A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST BE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
Accordingly, by entering the Contest, Entrants and Designated Agents (on their behalf and on behalf of their heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives, predecessors, successors and assigns of any of the foregoing, and all other persons and entities asserting rights of or acting on behalf of the entrant) hereby waive and relinquish any right or benefit which Entrant, Designated Agent or such persons has, have or may have against Sponsor and the other Contest Parties under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of the State of California, or under any similar statutory or common law of any other jurisdiction to the full extent that any such person may lawfully waive such rights and benefits pertaining to the releases set forth in these Official Rules, the Website and Yoov.io terms & conditions and applicable privacy policies.
In the event of early termination of the Contest for any reason at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a notice will be posted on the Website and Contest Platform and judging will be conducted from among the eligible Submissions received prior to termination using the process described in Paragraph 6.
- WINNERS LIST: For a winner’s list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: "The Master Class with Zakk Wylde Contest" Winner's List, c/o Guitar Center Stores, Inc., P.O. Box 5111, Thousand Oaks, CA 91359-5111, to be received no later than March 31, 2017.
- SPONSOR: Guitar Center Stores, Inc., 5795 Lindero Canyon Road, Westlake Village, CA 91362
- ADMINISTRATOR : Amplifier Media, Inc., 99 Madison Avenue, Fifth Floor, New York, NY 10016
TM and © 2016. Guitar Center Stores, Inc. All rights reserved.